These days, the number one question I am getting is all-around losing weight. Weight loss is always on everyone’s mind, especially with the warmer weather approaching as well as being in quarantine for the last several weeks. I find that people are feeling like moving, grooving, and losing some pounds. Anyone who is a regular reader knows that my approach to losing weight is all about possessing a healthy mindset 1st. Once you have your mental game in check, remember that losing weight is not entirely about the number on the scale, but more about how you feel. It needs to be grounded in a strong foundation of positivity. YOU have to truly be ready and it needs to come from a place of “self-care”.Â If you are doing it for someone else, or if you are looking for that fast magic pill (that doesn’t exist) it’s not going to have the lasting results you desire. Tell yourself you are worth it and then all the hard work you are about to embark on, will not seem so bad. Additionally, when you do have a setback or hit a wall, you will have the strength to fight back even stronger.
As I mentioned in one of my previous posts… I was able to lose 20 lbs and it took me from September 2019 to January 2020. Since I hit my target back in the New Year, I have been maintaining my weight loss for 5 months now. The 2nd part of the journey for me has been working on toning, strengthing, and building lean muscle. I have done this with the help of:
- Juliana Vallee IG @juliana.vallee.fitness … along with an amazing group of women.
- Exercising with Peloton ClassesÂ – Cycling and Yoga.
- Exercising with Tia who is a fitness guru and Soul Cycle instructor. Her IG is @tspowart and she is an absolute ray of sunshine!
- Eating well – This is the key. While there are many dieting fads, the fact remains that eating will is how you succeed and that will never change. I always kid around that eating well is the not so secret, “secret” to losing weight! We are always looking for that quick fix, but at the end of the day, losing weight for good does take some discipline for sure and finding a consistent healthy food intake that you can make as part of your lifestyle most of the time. It is called the 80 – 20 rule.Â For me, I have found my happy place and my food intake that makes my body efficient is – high fiber, dark green leafy veggies, fruits on the low glycemic index (i.e. blueberries), almonds, walnuts and seeds as snacks. High protein is a must for me as I want to tone and increase lean muscle mass. Remember muscle burns fat and it serves you very well as you age.
- Supplements! Since I studied nutrition / Kinesiology in school and I am in the industry, it only makes sense that I would take vitamins. To make sure I have a nutrient-rich diet, I supplement with (Omega3 NutraCleanse, Progressive Vegegreens, and Protein). I know my limitations and I am quite busy as I have 3 young kids. When I am in a rush I know that I can rely on my stash of simple shakes to quickly mix. I am not about starving myself and then reaching for a 400 calorie muffin with little nutritional value. I am about finding a sustainable healthy relationship with food. I want my food to work for me and not against me. I strive to intake nutrient-rich foods and not calorie-rich. While I pay attention to the good calories that I choose to put into my body, I personally do not calorie count. If it works for you, then, by all means, it doesn’t hurt to do this and have a food journal. For some people, calorie counting is a necessary part of the process.
- Plan to have Substitutes! If I want something sweet, I try to go with fruit, but even then I go for the low glycemic index fruits that are high in antioxidants and are less likely to spike my blood sugar (i.e. blueberries). If I really want something that is actually sweet, then I go with Smart Sweets or Herbaland Gummies. If I am hungry and I need to snack then I go for Holy Crap cereal, Omega3 NutraCleanse, or nuts. AND one of the best tricks for those that tend to eat at night: 1. Brush your teeth in the evening and floss so that you are way less likely to snack. 2. Take your supplements and drink water! Often when you are hungry, you are actually just thirsty. When I am having a break and winding down at night with a show, I sit with my box of supplements and a big glass of water and I take my Alive Tumeric, Genuine Health Fast Joint Care, Alive Amino Slim, Alive HairGRO, Alive Bamboo Silica and more. I will do a separate post on my whole supplement regime as I have had multiple requests for this.
- Alive Vitamins Amino Slim – contains key amino acids that help repair muscle and also help you burn calories. It has coined the name”Burn While you Sleep!
- Alive Vitamins L-Carnitine – helps you work out longer and harder. It gives you energy essentially.
- AND I have just started using Certified Naturals™ AppleSlim™ is a natural supplement for use in weight management programs and cardiovascular support – this article will focus on this incredible product
Why I am addingÂ Certified Naturals™ AppleSlim™?
I have been keeping up with my work out routine consistently since September 2019. I am now actually at the point where I find it FUN and exhilarating! Honestly, the first few months were HARD, but I wanted my health more than ever before. Thus I was willing to go through the uphill battle and I am very happy with the choice I made to persevere. So what does this have to do with taking AppleSlim? Despite being in the supplement industry, I always come from the approach that there is NO magic pill. However, if you are keeping active and eating right 80% of the time, then you can benefit from taking weight loss supplements. The key is finding the right one for you. For example, I do not have sugar cravings and I have enough fiber in my diet, therefore I would not recommend taking Naturals Factors PGX for myself, BUT for someone that is borderline diabetic, has a history of type 2 diabetes in their family and has cravings this would be a perfect weight loss management supplement.
AppleSlim™ Is perfect for me and for people that need a boost, need to burn fat and protect lean muscle. It is also backed by scientific studies and Dr. Gifford Jones has worked extensively with this product. It contains the worldâ€™s leading apple polyphenol ingredient â€“ ApplePhenon™ together with green coffee bean extract. Below I have a short video that helps capture the uniqueness of this supplement as well as the effectiveness. Hope you enjoy!
ApplePhenon™ apple polyphenols are powerful plant-based antioxidants that have been the subject of human clinical trials for a wide variety of health issues:
- Weight management for visceral fat and overall weight
- Cardiovascular support (cholesterol and triglyceride management)
- Glucose management
- Athletic performance
- Respiratory support
- Dental care
- Inflammatory conditions
ApplePhenon™ is carefully extracted from specially selected wildcrafted immature green apples from Central Asia, the â€œLand of the Original Appleâ€. Using a proprietary gentle extraction process, the highest concentration of apple polyphenols is preserved for optimal antioxidant activity. A daily dose of AppleSlim™ capsules containing ApplePhenon™ ingredient contains the equivalent polyphenols of 18 ripe apples.
ApplePhenon™ is thought to have three primary modes of action to deliver its benefits for weight management and cardiovascular support:
- Its role as an antioxidant (clearing waste from the cells and protecting them from damage)
- Its prebiotic properties which promote improved gut flora
- Its ability to mimic a calorie-restricted diet by inhibiting enzyme activity in lipid and glucose absorption
Two clinical studies have shown that daily doses of 600 mg of ApplePhenon™ can help to reduce visceral fat and overall weight. The first 12-week placebo-controlled study demonstrated that by using ApplePhenon™, visceral fat in overweight individuals could be decreased by 9% while reducing waistline and hip measurements.6 A second longer study showed a reduction in visceral fat area, an improvement in adiponectin levels (an anti-inflammatory hormone that helps with glucose control) and a decrease in overall weight.7
ApplePhenon™ has become one of the best-selling weight management ingredients in the East Asian markets of South Korea and Japan due to its effective results for consumers.
Recommended use: Could complement a healthy lifestyle that incorporates a calorie-reduced diet and regular physical activity for individuals involved in a weight management program. It helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels. It helps support cardiovascular health. Source of antioxidants that help protect against cell damage caused by free radicals.
Each vegetable capsule contains:
- ApplePhenon™ Apple Polyphenols (70% polyphenols) (Malus domestica) 200 mg
- Green Coffee Bean Extract (47.5% chlorogenic acids; 2% caffeine) 135 mg
- Non-medicinal ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal silicon dioxide, vegetable grade magnesium stearate and hypromellose (vegetable capsule).
Recommended dose: Adults: Take 1 capsule, 3 times per day.
You can find out more information here.
Lastly, as a small Canadian business, online sales have helped us keep going.Â Did you know that a percentage of our online sales go towards the Food banks of greater Vancouver?Â You are not only supporting us, but we are also working together to help support those in need.
While we practice social distancing we hope you willÂ visit us online at:
If you have any questions email me at:Â firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not sit in silence; there are so many things you can do to better your health!Â Get excitedÂ and take charge of your health. Letâ€™s work together, along with your doctor/health care professional to ensure you are doing all you can to lead a happy and healthy life. Our team looks forward to helping you with whatever your health concerns are.