Earlier this week we were told to stay home by our Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau. Canadians are listening. We are doing what we can as a community to keep one another safe. Today marks the start of Spring yet it doesn’t quite feel like it. Something feels off – a little different. This will be a common theme for the next several months. We must embrace a new way of living in order to protect our neighbours and fellow humans.
This post is simply to inspire you and provide some helpful tips on things you can do to uplift yourself through this period of adjustment.
- Start Spring cleaning and tidy your home so you feel comfortable, at ease and happy with the state of your home. You can begin to donate belongings and take on a minimalist approach or you could implement the KonMari method. Sanitize and clean surfaces, dust shelves, open your blinds. Light an incense stick and open your windows to allow fresh air to purify your environment.
- Consume a healthy diet and drink ample water.Â This is a must during this time. The WHO recommends eating mostly a plant-based diet.Â Supplement with whatever tools you feel best to prepare your immune system.
- Exercise daily, if you can. There has been a shift to indoor workouts on social media and youtube. Find a program that works for you and get those muscles moving. Going for a run or walk daily is great for sun exposure. Some Vitamin D will keep your body happy.
- Sleep 8+ hours depending on what your body responds best to. Try to get to bed early for example around 9/10pm and dedicate an hour to ‘unwinding.’ By putting your phone aside, and turning off the television, you signal to your brain you are going to get ready for sleep. Find calming activities to do before bed and create a routine out of them. For example, reading a light/positive novel, journaling, meditating or drinking herbal or oolong tea.
- Create a routine for yourself that isn’t impossible to follow at first. Allow room for flexibility and kindness towards yourself.
I’ve included a rough idea of what I have been doing to keep my immune system strong, my joints healthy and free from pain, and my mood positive. I hope that you can find some inspiration from my routine. Do note, I practice full flexibility, which means I don’t necessarily do everything, every-day, I simply do my best.
- Sleep from 10pm-7am
- 1 glass of room temperature water upon waking.
- 2 cups of green tea (this is the second thing I consume directly after water).
- Chia Pudding with plant-based milk.
- Fruit Salad
- Smoothies with protein powder.
- AM Supplements:
- Workout #1 – this could be a walk, a jog, weights, yoga, etc.
- Lunch ideas:
- Kale salad
- Rice with veggies and tofu
- Veggie bake with quinoa
- Lunch Supplements:
- PM Supplements
- Workout #2 – this could be yoga and meditation or a walk.
Although the above is a routine that I strive for, I rarely do everything all in one day. Rather, it is an approach of – let me do as much as I can every day that brings balance and peace to my life.
Here are some other top products that others are finding helpful these days:
- Jardine Naturals – Essential Silver
- Ultra Clean – Hand Sanitizer
- Vitamin B12
- Essential Oils to uplift your environment.
If you have any questions email me at:Â firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not sit in silence; there are so many things you can do to better your health!Â Get excitedÂ and take charge of your health. Letâ€™s work together, along with your doctor/health care professional to ensure you are doing all you can to lead a happy and healthy life. Our team looks forward to helping you with whatever your health concerns are.