At Alive Health Centre, Morning Sun and Supplements Plus we have a variety of different brands that offer both men and womens Multi-Vitamins. There are some important differences and Dr. Oz amoung other health professionals are here to back it up.
Examples of Brands That Offer Both Men and Women Multi-Vitamins:
Those are some of your top brands.
Dr. Oz has a list of things you should pay attention to when shopping for your Multi-Vitamin:
- No more than 3500 iu of Vitamin A to avoid toxicity.
- Preferably no more than 30 iu of Vitamin (while it is an excellent anti-oxidant, it is a bit of a blood thinner)
- Preferably no calcium in our multi. It should be taken separately. If it has it in there, no more than 200 mg of Calcium. WHY? Because Calcium impedes the absorption of other vitamins and minerals such as iron)
- You should avoid Iron if you are post-menopausal or male. Women of childbearing age should consider taking 18 mg of iron a day. Iron is one of the most common deficient minerals in women leading to fatigue, hair loss and even fertility problems. Lorna Vanderhaeghe has one of the best Iron supplements out there called IronSmart.
- Make sure your Multi-Vitamin has Iodine. Very important for the healthy function of the thyroid.
- Some ingredients a mens Multi-Vitamin may have is Saw Palamento, or Lycopene for healthy prostate, where as a womens Multi-Vitamin will have Iron.
Just remember men and women are built differently and therefore we need to be nourished differently.
As always, we hope that you will come and visit us at either Alive Health Centre, Morning Sun or Supplements Plus. Do not sit in silence; there are so many things you can do to better your health! Get excited and take charge of your health. Letâ€™s work together, along with your doctor to ensure you are doing all you can to lead a happy and healthy life. Our team looks forward to helping you with what ever your health concerns are.
Also, if there is not a location near you, we do mail orders call us toll free at 1 866 499 9546