H1N1 Flu Virus Facts
According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, the H1N1 flu virus officially emerged in April of 2009.Â The H1N1 flu virus is grabbing more attention by governments around the world because it is a new strain of influenza.Â Whenever there is a new influenza it means that people do not have a solid natural immunity to the flu virus and this is one of the reasons why the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared it a pandemic influenza virus.Â There is much debate on the H1N1 virus.Â Some people feel it is nothing to worry about, while others are very scared and uncertain about how to prepare themselves.Â Regardless of where you stand this article is about making sure you know what you can do to prevent getting H1N1 flu virus, the regular seasonal flu, or even a common cold.Â The first step is to stay positive as well as stress free about this situation and be proactive about our health!
Prevention Using Supplements
There are a number of natural products available at Alive Health Centre, Morning Sun and Supplements Plus that will greatly help you prepare your immune system for anything and they are the following:
- Product: Oil of Oregano Â Brand: Joy of the Mountain
- Product: Echinacea & Goldenseal Â Brand: Alive
- Product: Royal Jelly 100% Pure Brand: Alive
- Product: Vitamin C 1000mg Timed Released Brand: Alive
- Product: Colostrum Brand: Sequel Naturals
- Product: Oscillococcinum Brand: Boiron
- Product: Red Reishi Mushroom Brand: Mikei
- Product: Leaf Source Brand: Hedley
There are many more products at Alive, Morning Sun and Supplements Plus that will balance or boost your immune system.Â You do not have to use all of them, but using a few at once is not too much.Â Also some products may be more fitting for certain people.Â For example, Vitamin C is a staple that everyone should have, but when looking for something else to take on top of that depends on if you are a liquid, capsule or chewable person.Â Some people do not like liquid such as the Oil of Oregano, but it does come in capsule as well.Â Red Reishi is also in capsule form and you only need to take one a day with Vitamin C for the best absorption.Â Or if you have a child in school that you want to protect they would use Colostrum because it comes in many forms such as, lozenges, powder or capsule.Â Â Also Colostrum is perfectly safe for children and it tastes great!
Preventative Everyday Methods From The Government of Canada
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not touch your face.
- Cough and sneeze in your arm.
- Keep phones, doorknobs and common surface areas clean and disinfected.
- Eat healthy and stay physically active to keep your immune system strong.
- Keep doing what you normally do, but if you get sick stay home.
Symptoms of H1N1 Flu Virus
- Cough and fever
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Decreased appetite
- Runny nose
- Sometimes: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
Lastly, H1N1 flu virus is only serious if you let it become serious.Â There are many things that we can do together to prevent all colds and flus.Â To get more explanation on the products listed above, please come into Alive Health Centre, Morning Sun or Supplements Plus!Â We are all glad to help.Â Look forward to seeing you soon to keep you and your family healthy!