Looking for an iron that does not cause constipation? Tastes good? Can be taken with other supplements? Is convenient? IronSmart by Lorna Vanderhaeghe is your answer. I use this one myself and there is nothing like it! I actually look forward to taking it everyday because it tastes sooo good. I know this sounds funny, but supplements are expensive and they can become a huge waste if you are not inclined to take them. You need to have everything working for you such as taste and convenience to get you consistantly taking your supplements!!
Iron is a tricky supplement as most contribute to constipation or they have an unpleasant taste that tends to stay on your palate. Iron is one of those important supplements for women as many are deficient!
How do you know if you are low in Iron?
- Getting a blood test is number one, but there are other signs to help you out…
- Heavy menstruation often leads to loss of Iron
- Cool hands and feet
- For more information please read Lorna Vanderhaeghe’s wonderful brochure.
I just want to point out that women in of their childbearing years need iron! Menopausal and post menopausal usually do not or they take very little. Again it is always best to check with your health care practitioner.
While I was breast feeding I stopped taking iron and this was a huge mistake for me. I became extremely fatigued after about 3 or 4 months. All of my stores were used up and I was definitely not depressed, but I was feeling very lethargic. Once I started taking 1 teaspoon a day of IronSmart I felt a huge difference within a week. Here is the dosaing below:
Adults (12 and over): 1 – 3 teaspoons (5 – 15mL) daily with food.
Adult Female > 19: 2 teaspoons
Adult Female > 50: 1 teaspoon
Children: (4-11 years): 1 teaspoon (5mL) daily with food.
Breastfeeding: 1 teaspoon
Pregnancy: 3 teaspoons
- Maximum bioavailability and absorption
- Non-irritating; no diarrhea, nausea or other digestive symptoms
- Excellent liposomal technology
- Can be taken with your multivitamin with minerals as it does not interact with other ingredients
- Can be taken anytime, with or without food
- Does not stain teeth
- Delicious caramel taste
- No metallic taste
- Low toxicity
- Raises hemoglobin and ferritin quickly
- No need for the high doses seen with ferrous fumarate
- Vegetarian formula
Some benefits of taking IronSmart:
- Helps to prevent & treat iron deficiency anemia
- Helps in the proper function and formation of red blood cells
- Helps fatigue
- Supports fertility
- and much more… for more info please read Lorna Vanderhaeghe product fact sheet.
As always, we hope that you will come and visit us at either Alive Health Centre, Morning Sun or Supplements Plus. Do not sit in silence; there are so many things you can do to better your health! Get excited and take charge of your health. Let’s work together, along with your doctor to ensure you are doing all you can to lead a happy and healthy life. Our team looks forward to helping you with what ever your health concerns are.
Also, if there is not a location near you, we do mail orders call us toll free at 1 866 499 9546
- Lorna Vanderhaeghe – Stop Hair Loss Article
- Lorna Vanderhaeghe Mag Smart: For Heart Health, Depression and Children Behavioural Problems ADHD
- Lorna Vanderhaeghe on Breakfast Television Friday March 9th – Battling Menopause? Conquer it with the Smart Line
- Beat Hair Loss With Alive Vegital Silica
- Hair Loss Solutions